The Service Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining healthy relationships with customers, completing work orders and invoices, preparing warranty claims, reporting and minimizing aged work-in-process, maintaining service records and quality control records, completing job status reports, maintaining current billing cycle, giving yearly performance reviews, determining labor needed, assisting with diagnosing technical machine issues, working with employees to obtain training, conducting safety meetings and other general service department duties as directed by the Branch Manager and the General Manager.
- Maintain department communication in order to complete work and grow service labor sales. Utilize various computer programs and communication tools as resources. Plan work schedule. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area and appearance.
- Maintain personal and department tool inventory.
- Complete service data on invoices. Open and close work orders in a timely manner in order to minimize aged work-in-process. Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work orders, taking note of the cause of failure/problems. Prepare warranty information. Service and maintain company vehicle and shop. Maintain condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment. Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints and technical drawings. Maintain quality control records. Complete job status reports and work order logs. Work with customer invoicing problems. Read and understand financial operating statements.
- Give yearly performance reviews for department technicians. Determine labor needed in preparation for work loads and plan the work schedule. Work with Company Representatives to communicate difficult machine issues. Assist factory and engineers with diagnosing technical machine issues. Insure Service Department is productive. Maintain billing cycle efficiencies, expenses and gross margins. Reports work in process.
- Work with employees in obtaining technician certification and complete training needs.
- Strong knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of heavy construction equipment.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Good skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Able to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of customers or coworkers.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to process work with accuracy.
- Meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.
High school diploma or GED required. Two year certificate from a college or technical school or at least five years related experience and/or training in the subordinate position.
We offer competitive compensation plus great benefits to our employees including health, dental, vision, 401k with match, life insurance, disability insurance, and Employee stock ownership plan. Applicant must have clean driving record; background and drug testing required.
Email your resume today. Or stop by our branch, bring your resume and fill out an application Monroe Tractor 423 Old Loudon Rd., Latham, NY 12110 (518)785-8013.
Don’t have a resume? Fill out an application here. Once completed, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (585)334-0001.